We signed up for a tour of the maternity ward so that we would have an idea of what to expect and where to go when Madison decides to make her grand entrance into the world.
I think we got a little more than we bargained for in this "free tour".
My plan up until about 42 minutes ago was to deliver Maddi au naturel... Well the lady screaming bloody murder down the hall made that thought a little hard to keep sight of. It REALLY freaked me out. I had no doubts about avoiding the epidural, but this freakin' lady, according to Chris, sounded like she was in a torture chamber. I'd consider that a pretty accurate analogy. I don't think I've ever seen his eyes widen that much.
We were in one of the delivery rooms w/ the door shut, she was down the hall with her door shut and her blood curdling screams penetrated the walls without difficulty. I've watched plenty of episodes of "A Baby Story" on TLC and in many of them I've seen the women scream in agonizing pain, but when you hear it in real life there's just no comparison.
The nurses assured our group that it doesn't happen that way often at all and she was having what they call a "rocket baby". I guess that means she just progressed really quickly.
I'm still going to try to do things naturally, but man was that an eye opening experience. I know there's no trophy or certificate for having a natural delivery, but it's just something that I've felt strongly about this entire pregnancy. We'll leave it in God's hands and see how things progress.
I'M HAVING A BABY...SOON!
Please tell me it will all be okay and I won't feel a thing...okay at least tell me it will all be okay!
I want my Mommy!
-Marlene-
No comments:
Post a Comment